Mediterranean Chicken Salad with Almonds and Balsamic Pears
2 Empire Kosher® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
¼ cup olive oil or grapeseed oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh is best)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 bag (10-12 oz) spring mix or Mediterranean salad mix
1 Anjou pear
1 yellow tomato
1 orange bell pepper
¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing (look for those containing olive oil)
3 tablespoons dried cherries, or dried cranberries
⅓ cup oven roasted sliced almonds (look for these in the produce area)
1. Combine oil, oregano, juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Add chicken breasts and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
1. Pour salad mix into a large salad bowl.
2. Cut up the pear into ½ inch cubes and put into a small bowl. Pour vinaigrette dressing over pears, stir and allow pears to soak.
3. Cut tomato into ½ inch pieces. Add to salad.
4. Add dried cherries to the salad and toss.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F.
6. Line a baking sheet with foil and place the chicken breasts on top. Bake 25-30 minutes, until meat thermometer reaches 165°F.
7. While chicken is cooling, pour the pears with the vinaigrette over the prepared salad. Add the almonds and toss, coating evenly.
8. Slice the chicken into thin slices along the diagonal and fan the pieces over the top of the salad.