Lime and Basil Chicken
4 - 6
Empire Kosher 8 Piece Cut-up Chicken or Quartered Broiler Chicken
1 whole head of garlic
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 limes, juiced
2 tablespoons honey
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup coconut oil
⅓ cup fresh basil, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Peel the outer layers of skin off the bulb of the garlic.
3. Cut off the top of the garlic head (the pointed end) so that the individual cloves are exposed.
4. Wrap the whole head of garlic in foil. Before completely closing foil, pour olive oil over the garlic.
5. Roast for 1 hour.
6. In a food processor, combine garlic, lime juice, honey, salt and pepper.
7. Turn food processor on and slowly add coconut oil.
8. Add basil and pulse a few times.
9. Place the chicken pieces in a 9x13 glass baking dish.
10. Pour marinade over chicken and rub under skin.
11. Cover chicken with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
12. The next day, preheat the oven to 450ºF.
13. Bake chicken for 30 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 175ºF.
*Can be made a day ahead of time and marinated overnight.