2 lbs. Empire Kosher Chicken Wing Gourmettes
Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
1 cup water
¾ cup ketchup
½ cup plus 2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
2-3 tablespoons hot sauce
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 ½ teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon dried parsley
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
Pinch of clove (ground)
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Spread wings in a single layer on a baking sheet.
3. Sprinkle wings with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
4. Bake for 45 minutes until browned.
5. Cool wings for about 5 minutes before glazing.
6. While wings are baking, prepare Wild Wing Glaze (recipe below).
7. Toss the wings into the glaze and serve.
1. In a saucepan, whisk together all of the ingredients, except about 2 tablespoons of the water and cornstarch.
2. Cook all of the remaining ingredients by bringing to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer for 40-45 minutes, until the sauce darkens and thickens. It will be reduced in volume by almost half.
4. Mix cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water together in a cup.
5. Pour cornstarch/water mixture into saucepan and turn up temperature to a boil, whisking, until sauce thickens even more.
6. Remove sauce from heat and cool.