Turkey, Pesto and Cranberry Sandwich
½ cup fresh basil
2 tablespoons pine nuts
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
Pesto mayo (above recipe)
4 slices onion rye bread
¼ cup dried cranberries
1 tub (8 oz.) Empire Kosher® Smoked Turkey Slices
1 cup shredded Romaine lettuce
1. Place all ingredients, except mayonnaise, in a food processor and puree until smooth.
2. Transfer puree to a bowl and add the mayo.
3. Stir together until smooth.
1. Spread pesto mayo on one side of each of the 4 slices of bread.
2. On two of the slices of bread, sprinkle the cranberries evenly.
3. Top each of the slices containing cranberries with 6 slices of turkey.
4. Top the turkey with lettuce.
5. Place the other slice of bread on the lettuce.
6. Cut the sandwiches diagonally.