Sweet and Tangy Chicken
2 packages of Empire Kosher Chicken Thighs or Leg Quarters
1¼ teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons Empire Kosher Chicken Fat (rendered)
1 large onion, halved lengthwise and cut lengthwise into ½ inch strips
1 red bell pepper cut into ½ inch strips
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
2 cups fresh pineapple, chopped
¾ cup chicken broth
1 lemon, juice and zest
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1. Mix together paprika, cinnamon, black pepper and 1 teaspoon of salt, and rub onto chicken
2. Heat chicken fat in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown chicken on both sides, cooking for about 10 minutes.
3. Transfer chicken to a plate.
4. Add onion and red pepper to pan. Add remaining teaspoon of salt and pepper to taste. Cook about 5 to 10 minutes or until onions and peppers begin to brown and soften.
5. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add in pineapple, and place chicken, skin side up, back into pan.
7. In a bowl, combine chicken broth, lemon juice, lemon zest and honey, and add to pan.
8. Cover and cook over low heat about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
9. Skim fat from sauce, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
10. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.