Spicy Peach and Almond Glazed Chicken
1 tablespoon Empire Kosher Rendered Chicken Fat
2 Empire Kosher Chicken Split Breasts, skin removed if desired
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
½ cup chicken broth
½ cup peach cider
(peach juice may be used)
1 tablespoon hot sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
(apple cider vinegar may be used)
¼ cup chopped almonds or toasted almonds (optional)
1. In a large skillet, heat rendered chicken fat on medium-high heat about 3 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
3. When skillet is hot, add the chicken breasts and brown about 2 minutes on each side to get a golden brown color.
4. Transfer chicken breasts to a plate.
5. Add chicken broth and cider to the skillet and bring liquids to a boil.
6. Scrape the bottom of the pan to get all of the flavorful brown bits removed and swirl into the liquid.
7. Cook the sauce on HIGH heat until the liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
8. Add hot sauce and vinegar to the skillet and stir. Reduce heat to a LOW simmer.
9. Put the chicken breasts back into the skillet.
10. Spoon the sauce over the chicken in the skillet.
11. Cover skillet and continue to simmer on low heat for 15 minutes, occasionally baste the chicken with the sauce.
12. Check internal temperature of the chicken. It should be at least 165 degrees.
13. Sprinkle almonds over the top of the chicken before serving.