Honey Pecan Chicken
1 garlic clove, minced
1 shallot, minced
¼ cup pomegranate juice (all-natural unsweetened cranberry juice is also good)
¼ cup honey
¼ cup chopped pecans
2 Empire Kosher® boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
Salt, pepper to taste
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon margarine or Empire Kosher® Rendered Chicken Fat
1. In a food processor, finely mince the garlic and shallots, adding pomegranate juice in a drizzle while processing.
2. Add honey and half of the pecans; process briefly until smooth.
3. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt, pepper and cayenne.
4. Heat margarine or Rendered Chicken Fat at medium-high heat in a large 10-12 inch skillet or braising pan.
5. Brown chicken breasts on each side, then reduce heat to low.
6. Add the contents of the food processor to the skillet, stirring and scraping any brown bits from the pan.
7. Sprinkle the remaining half of the pecans over the chicken. Bring the sauce to a simmer, reduce heat again to low, cover, and cook 10-12 minutes.