Hawaiian Turkey Burger
1 package of Empire Kosher Lightly Seasoned Natural Turkey Burgers
1 large onion, sliced and sautéed
1 can pineapple rings, drained saving ¼ cup juice for Aoili
1 package of Empire Kosher Turkey Bacon
4 buns lightly toasted
1 cup of mayonnaise
2 cloves of crushed garlic
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
1 squirt of Sriracha
1/4 cup of pineapple juice
1 teaspoon of salt
1. Preheat grill (indoor or outdoor) to medium high heat and brush with some oil.
2. When the grill is hot, add the burgers and cook each side for about 5-6 minutes or cooked to 165ºF internally. Remove and set aside.
3. After the burgers are done, add 4 rings of pineapple and grill for about 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside.
4. Finally, grill eight strips of the turkey bacon for a few minutes on each side. Remove and set aside.
5. Spread each side of the lightly toasted bun with Aioli.
Place on the bottom ½ of the bun: burger, pineapple, turkey bacon, onions and top of the bun.
[Cook’s note: the remaining Aioli is multi-purpose and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days. You can also interchange Empire Kosher Chicken Burgers for the turkey burgers.]
Contributed by Naomi Nachman