Guava BBQ Glazed Chicken
2 Empire Kosher® Split Chicken Breasts
½ cup lime juice
3 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 jalapenño pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
1 16 oz can guava nectar
¼ cup rum (optional)
1 cup guava jelly (available in Latin section of supermarket)
1. Combine all ingredients, except guava jelly, whisking until smooth.
2. Place chicken in a bowl and pour marinade on top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. Preheat grill to medium heat.
4. Remove chicken from marinade and place on plate.
5. Pour marinade into a saucepan and add guava jelly, stirring and heating to a boil.
6. Simmer, uncovered about 10 minutes, until thickened.
7. Place chicken breasts on grill, and grill for approximately 15 minutes on each side.
8. Brush guava glaze onto chicken for the last 10 minutes of grilling.