Glazed Chicken Drumsticks
8 Empire Kosher Chicken Drumsticks
Olive oil for brushing
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup honey
1 cup pineapple juice
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat grill on medium high heat.
2. Brush chicken drumsticks with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Grill the drumsticks until just evenly browned on each side.
4. Move the drumsticks to a cooler part of the grill and cover with a lid.
5. Continue cooking for about 30 minutes. While cooking, prepare the glaze.
1. In a large skillet, heat oil on low heat, add shallot and garlic until golden brown.
2. Increase heat to medium high, adding remaining ingredients.
3. Heat to boil, then reduce to a simmer.
4. Continue cooking on medium-low heat until mixture is reduced by half - about 20 minutes. Glaze should be thick, resembling maple syrup.
To finish cooking and glazing
1. Brush the glaze on the drumsticks. Cook for 10 minutes longer, at medium heat.
2. Brush additional glaze on the drumsticks for another 10-15 minutes until the drumsticks are cooked through.
3. Check temperature with a meat thermometer. Drumsticks should register 180 degrees.
4. Remove from the grill and allow chicken to cool 10 minutes.