Fanny’s Chicken Cutlet Recipe
6 large Empire Kosher® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (approx. 3 lbs)
1¼ cups bread crumbs or matzo meal
3-4 garlic cloves, pressed
2⁄3 cup canola oil
1. Remove the tenders (the partially attached striplike pieces) from the cutlets. Reserve.
2. Place the cutlets between waxed, parchment, or freezer paper. Pound the cutlets lightly to a uniform thickness.
3. Pour the crumbs onto a shallow dish, and season with the salt and pepper. Mix and distribute the crumbs evenly. Pour the eggs onto a second shallow dish. Add the garlic and beat with a whisk to incorporate.
4. Cover a platter with waxed paper. Dip the tenders into the egg and then into the crumbs. Turn to coat well, shake to remove excess crumbs, and place on the waxed paper. Repeat the procedure with the cutlets.
5. In a large, heavy skillet, add the oil to a depth of ¼ inch. Heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add the cutlets and sauté until golden brown and firm to the touch, turning once, 5 to 10 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and drain on brown paper or paper towels. Add the tenders and sauté 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve.
Note: You can also prepare these ahead. Don’t sauté them to completion; spread the partially prepared cutlets on a baking sheet and finish the cooking in a 300°F oven.