Day After Light and Refreshing Chicken Salad with Mango Dressing
½ cup almonds
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
1 bag (9 oz) spinach
1 bag (4 oz) arugula
1 cup left-over Empire Kosher Lime Basil Chicken (see recipe)
½ Asian pear, sliced thin (1/8”)
½ red pepper, chopped
¼ cup dried cranberries
*Any leftover chicken may be used, or try julienne Empire Kosher Smoked Turkey Breast Slices
1 fresh mango, peeled and cored
1 lime (juice and zest)
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
2 tablespoons honey
4 tablespoons water
½ teaspoon salt
Pepper to taste
1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF
2. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place almonds on the baking sheet and spray with cooking oil spray.
3. Sprinkle nuts with cayenne pepper, sugar, salt and pepper and mix to evenly coat.
4. Bake nuts for 5 minutes.
5. In a food processor, blend mango, lime juice and zest, rice vinegar, coconut oil, honey, water, salt and pepper until completely smooth.
6. Add basil and pulse until basil is finely chopped.
7. Place greens in a large bowl and top with chicken, Asian pear, red pepper, cranberries and almonds. Drizzle dressing overtop and serve.