Rooted in the principles of green kosher...
Rules and Terms
Rules and Terms
“Ready to Roast Microwave Give Away”
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
1. HOW TO ENTER: The “Ready to Roast Microwave Give-Away” (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 11:59 AM (Eastern Time [“ET”]) on September 23, 2011 and ends at 11:59 PM (ET) on December 31, 2011 (“Sweepstakes Period”). To enter, complete the official entry form available by clicking on the “Sweepstakes” link found at www.empirekosher.com during the Sweepstakes Period.
The entry form must be completed and submitted in accordance with the on-screen directions. All required information requested in the entry form must be provided or your entry will be disqualified. There is a limit of one entry per person. Any person submitting more than 1 entry will disqualified. Any entry deemed to be submitted by automated system or systematic repeated entries by the same entrant shall be disqualified. All entries must be received no later than 11:59 PM (ET) on December 31, 2011. Empire Kosher Poultry, Inc. (“Sponsor”) will not acknowledge or verify receipt of entries. Use of a profane username or the submission of false or misleading personal information by an entrant will be grounds for disqualification. Sponsor retains sole discretion over whether entry information is profane, false, or misleading. All entries submitted will become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Sweepstakes, you must be a legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and be at least 18 years of age or older and be physically located in the U.S. at the time of entry. One prize per Winner. If it is determined that a Winner has already been awarded a prize from a previous week’s drawing, Winner shall become ineligible and a second prize will not be awarded. Sponsor may or may not re-draw that week’s winner.
Sweepstakes shall be void where restricted or prohibited by law. Any web site pages, advertisements and promotional spots relating to the Sweepstakes are intended for viewing only within the United States. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its promotional partners, and their respective parent, affiliated and subsidiary companies, licensees and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings and spouses, regardless of where they live), and members of their households (whether related or not), are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Eligibility will be determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion.
3. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION: Sponsor will conduct a random drawing on or about Saturday of each week during the Sweepstakes Period to select one (1) prize winner from among all eligible entries received prior to that drawing (Winner). Odds of winning the Prize (as defined below) depend on the number of eligible entries received prior to that weekly drawing. The Winner will be notified by phone or email within 30 days from the Drawing. If the potential Winner, as applicable: (a) is unreachable after two (2) attempts via telephone or a Prize notification email (5) days after the first notification attempt, or the Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (b) rejects or forfeits the Prize, (c) is found to be ineligible, or (d) does not fully comply with these Official Rules, then such potential Winner or verified Winner, as applicable, will be disqualified and the Prize will not be re-awarded to any runner-up. Winner may be required by Sponsor to sign additional documents (including, without limitation, a release and waiver agreement) before being declared the Winner. If Sponsor does not receive copies of such additional documents (in the form submitted by Sponsor) signed by the Winner (and by the Winner’s parent, if applicable) within 10 days after Winner’s receipt of such documents, then such failure to return the additional documents may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s discretion. The Winner will be deemed to have received the additional documents on the next business day if sent by overnight mail or facsimile or 3 business days from the date of mailing if mailed via first-class mail. In the event the potential or verified Winner is disqualified for any reason under the provisions of these Official Rules, that prize may or may not be awarded to another entrant. In the event of a dispute over who submitted the winning entry, the holder of the winning email address will be declared the Winner.
4. PRIZE: The Winner will receive a microwave oven (the “Prize”). The total estimated retail value of the Prize is One Hundred Forty Dollars ($140.00). Brand, model and specific type are not guaranteed. Different weekly winners may receive different brand or model microwave ovens.
5. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS/RESTRICTIONS: The Prize is provided “as is” with no warranties or guarantees by Sponsor, either express or implied. All warranties and guarantees on the Prize (if any) are limited to those offered by the manufacturer of the Prize, and the Winner agrees to look solely to such manufacturer for any such warranty or guarantee.
No transfer, substitution, upgrade, credit, refund or cash equivalent for the Prize is allowed except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value if the Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. All federal, state and other tax liabilities (including, without limitation, income taxes) arising from the Prize awarded in the Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of the Winner. The Prize will only be awarded to the verified Winner. Allow 4 – 6 weeks for delivery of the Prize.
6. SWEEPSTAKES CONDITIONS: Except where prohibited by law, the Winner’s entry and acceptance of the Prize constitutes the Winner’s permission for the Sponsor, the Sweepstakes Entities and those acting under their authority to use the Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state only) on a worldwide basis, in all forms of media, in perpetuity, in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes and for advertising and promotional purposes, without review or further compensation. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees: (i) to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules, any other documents required by Sponsor and the decisions of Sponsor on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; (ii) to waive any right to claim any ambiguity pertaining to the Sweepstakes, these Official Rules and/or any other documents required by Sponsor; (iii) to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor, Empire Kosher Poultry, Inc. and the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, assignees, licensees and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective officers, directors, agents, employees and representatives of the aforementioned entities (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liabilities, claims, losses, damages, demands, causes of action, penalties and expenses arising out of or related to: (a) any statement, action or failure to act by such entrant during or in connection with such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, and/or (b) any breach or alleged breach by such entrant of these Official Rules or of any other documents required by Sponsor, and (iv) not to sue to irrevocably and unconditionally releases, waives and forever discharge the Released Parties from any and all liabilities, claims and demands of any kind or nature whatsoever, in law or equity, whether known or unknown, which such entrant (or entrant’s successors-in-interest, heirs and/or agents) ever had, now have, or in the future may have against the Released Parties, including, but not limited to, claims arising out of or related to any injuries, theft, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind, or any other harm suffered in connection with or relating to such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (a) acceptance, receipt, possession, misuse or use of the Prize, (b) participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, (c) any malfunction of the entry website, (d) any error in the collection or retention of entry information, and/or (e) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of the Prize. Each entrant agrees to assume all liability for any injuries and damages caused by, or claimed to be caused by, such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes (including, without limitation, entrant’s acceptance, receipt, possession, misuse or use of the Prize).
7. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable or incomplete entries due to system errors, human errors or failures, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions and/or entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, faulty, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system or human errors and failures, or for any problems or technical malfunction(s) of any telephone networks or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, or entries not received on account of technical problems, or any combination thereof, including other telecommunications malfunctions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate. Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities are also not responsible for any malfunction of the entry website or any errors in the collection and/or retention of entry information. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning the Prize if, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sponsor determines that such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices (including, but not limited to, the use of automated quick entry programs, systems or agents) or by acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors, failures or delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry of information caused by any of the equipment or programming utilized in connection with the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries for the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries and are not responsible for errors in printing or presentation of the Sweepstakes. Entries received from persons residing in geographic areas in which entry is not permissible will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes prior to its stated expiration date for any reason (including, without limitation, if the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, fulfillment or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes). If such action occurs, notice will be posted on the entry website, and any eligible entries received prior to the termination or cancellation will be included in a random drawing to select the Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant that Sponsor determines, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, has threatened the operation of the Sweepstakes and/or violated these Official Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. MISCELLANEOUS: THE PENNSYLVANIA COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF SUCH COURTS. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO CHANGE, ADD TO, DELETE FROM, MODIFY OR AMEND THESE OFFICIAL RULES AT ANY TIME. TO VIEW THE MOST UP-TO-DATE VERSION OF THE OFFICIAL RULES, PLEASE VISIT THE ENTRY WEBSITE.
10. RULES/WINNERS LIST: To receive the name of the Winner or an additional copy of these Official Rules, send a self addressed, stamped envelope to: “Ready to Roast Microwave Giveaway”, PO Box 1039 Planetarium Station NY, NY 10024. Please specify “Rules” or “Winners List”. All requests must be received by January 31, 2012.
11. SPONSOR: Empire Kosher Poultry, Inc. 247 Empire Dr. Mifflintown, PA 17059
Facebook is not a participant or sponsor of this Sweepstakes.