1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound Empire Kosher Ground Turkey or Empire Kosher White Ground Turkey
1 large onion, chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
8 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
4 cups chicken broth
3 cups water
2 bay leaves
2 (15.5 oz) cans cannellini beans, rinsed
1 bunch kale, chopped
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained and rinsed
1 sprig fresh rosemary
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
2. Add ground turkey and cook until browned.
3. Stir in onion, celery and carrots. Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
4. Add in garlic and cook for 5 more minutes.
5. Add broth, water, bay leaves, beans, kale and tomatoes.
6. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and add in rosemary sprig. Let stand for 15 minutes.
8. Remove rosemary sprig and bay leaves.
9. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
10. If a thicker stew is desired, use the back of a spoon to crush some of the beans against the side of the pan.