2 tablespoons olive or grape seed oil, divided
½ cup chopped red bell peppers
½ cup chopped shiitake mushrooms (stems removed)
1 tablespoon minced shallot
1/3 cup chopped button mushrooms
4 slices sourdough bread
1 tub (8 oz.) Empire Kosher Smoked Turkey slices
4 tablespoons grape or peach jelly
1. In a large sautéing pan add 1½ tablespoon of grape seed oil and combine red bell peppers, mushrooms and shallots.
2. Sauté on medium heat until caramelized (mushrooms are brown on edges). Stir occasionally.
3. Add salt and pepper. When vegetables are done remove from pan.
4. Add about ½ tablespoon of grape seed oil to pan.
5. Lay sourdough bread on pan and cook 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
6. Turn off heat but do not remove. Add 6-8 slices of Empire Kosher Smoked Turkey slices to one piece of sourdough bread.
7. On other piece spread on the jelly then add caramelized vegetables. Put 2 sides together and enjoy.