4 Empire Kosher Cornish Hens
1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for brushing on birds
3 whole sprigs of Rosemary
Salt and pepper to taste
1 onion, quartered
1 lemon, quartered
2 sweet potatoes, washed and cut into 1/2 “ rounds
2 whole garlic bulbs, cloves removed and peeled
1 cup white wine
1 cup low sodium chicken broth, Kosher
1. Make sure baking rack is in the center of the oven and preheat to 450F.
2. Brush hens with olive oil and sprinkle each one with salt and pepper.
3. Place rosemary, a quarter of an onion, and a quarter of a lemon into the cavity of each hen.
4. Place hens in a large roasting pan and place the sweet potatoes on the bottom of the pan.
5. Arrange all of the garlic cloves in the bottom of the pan.
6. Roast the hens for 25 minutes.
7. While hens are roasting, combine the wine, broth and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl.
8. Remove roasting pan from the oven. Pour wine/broth mixture over the hens.
9. Return hens to the oven, reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue roasting for 25 minutes, basting the hens with the sauce twice during that time.