How to make this recipe...
1 cup minced onion
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts
6 tablespoons Empire Kosher Rendered Chicken Fat
¾ cup Matzo Farfel
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons paprika
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup chicken broth
2 Empire Kosher Broiler Chickens
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In a large skillet, sauté onion, celery, and nuts in 4 tablespoons of fat on medium heat, until onion is tender but not browned.
3. Add matzo farfel and toast lightly, about 1 minute.
4. Combine seasonings, egg and broth in a separate bowl and add to matzo mixture.
5. Stuff chickens lightly, and in a large roasting pan, brush with remaining 2 tablespoons of rendered fat and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Spread remaining stuffing in a large, greased baking dish and set aside.
7. Roasting time for a whole stuffed chicken is 1 ½ hours. Roast at 400F for 15 minutes, then lower temperature to 350 degrees for the remaining 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes. Twenty minutes before chickens are finished, place stuffing on bottom rack to roast.