1 orange (use the peel and the juice)
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 or 2 cloves minced fresh garlic (depending on your taste)
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
Pinch of black pepper
2 teaspoons honey
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 bag (1 lb.) Empire Kosher Chicken Breast Chunks
1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into 1/2” chunks
½ cup fresh carrots, cut into julienne strips
1 teaspoon olive oil or canola oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 bag (5 oz.) spring mix salad greens
1 cup tortilla strips (southwest flavor) – found in the Produce section of the grocery store
1. Peel about 1 teaspoon of zest from the orange.
2. Squeeze out about ¼ cup of orange juice.
3. Into a blender, combine the above zest and orange juice and remaining ingredients.
4. Puree for about 15 seconds.
Chicken, Pineapple and Carrots
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Place chicken chunk pieces on half of an ungreased baking sheet.
3. Place the pineapple pieces and the carrot strips on the other half of the sheet.
4. Put carrot strips into a bowl, add the olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
5. Bake for 14 minutes; stirring the carrots and turning the pineapple about halfway through the bake time.
6. Remove from oven and cool.
1. Place the spring mix salad greens into a salad bowl.
2. Add tortilla strips to the bowl.
3. Cut the cooled chicken chunks into smaller pieces and add to the salad.
4. Add the pineapple and carrots to the salad.
5. Drizzle the citrus vinaigrette over salad, toss together and serve!